Karting Drivers Area
Are you ready to race?
Whether you’re new to karting at TeamSport or organising a big event and need to get all guests in the know – you can find below the answers to some of our frequently asked questions and top info to make sure you are all set for your experience at the track.
Take some time out to explore our circuits and the racing lines before you arrive and get a feel for the bends, the straights, the chicanes and demanding ramps! Also check out what is on offer at your local venue and make more of a day out of your visit in our great facilities.
- Pre-booking is essential. You can book your karting with us online or via our bookings team on 0844 9980 000*.
- Payments are non-refundable and the booking cannot be changed or transferred to a new date or time. Payments can be made using a valid credit or debit card, cheque or BACS. You can pay by debit card for free. All bookings with TeamSport provide the benefit of public liability insurance cover. An optional surcharge of £2 per driver is included in every booking. VAT is not applicable on this payment. Should you need a VAT receipt for your booking, please ask a member of the sales team.
- All payments must be settled in advance. If any additional drivers turn up on the day, they can pay cash, credit or debit card. Spaces will be subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
- Go-Karting is not recommended for persons with heart problems, epilepsy or other conditions which may be affected by exertion (including pregnancy). Particularly tall, short or heavier drivers may have problems fitting into the karts. We recommend a maximum height of 6’4” and a maximum weight of 18 stone.
- The strict minimum age for children karting with TeamSport is 8 years old and the minimum inside leg length of 25 inches, measured from the bottom of the shoe to the crotch, is required. To use an adult kart in an open timed race session drivers must be 13 years old with a minimum inside leg measurement of 29 inches.
- We recommend that you wear soft shoes. Trainers are ideal. Open toed or heeled shoes are not permitted. Race suits, helmets and gloves are all provided for you, in a variety of sizes. Balaclavas are now mandatory and can be purchased on arrival from 50p. Karters can wear their own approved race-wear however it is subject to review by our race directors. Please note that drivers that bring their own helmets should be aware that we only accept class A and B full-face helmets, with appropriate clear visor.
- We allow Go-Pro camera use out on the track as long as the camera is mounted securely via an approved helmet mount.
- Karting for the first time? Be sure to head to our Go Karting Tips area to check out our beginners guide to the racing line to help you get the best out of your laps on the track.
ON THE DAY
- To avoid delays and ensure everyone is ready to race on time, we ask all drivers to arrive 40 minutes prior to their on track time. Any karters turning up after the briefing has started may not be allowed to race. It may be prudent to provide your drivers with a copy of the map and directions. All participants should arrive at least 30 minutes before your appointed start time (45 minutes before if racing at Tower Bridge).
- Most of our venues have a selection of on-site catering and can provide your group with an excellent range of food and beverages. For health and safety reasons, only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed on the premises.
- Most of our venues have on-site licensed bars, please note that alcohol may only be purchased and consumed once your karting experience is completed. You will not be allowed to take part in any on track activity if you have consumed alcohol.
TeamSport Indoor Karting is committed to ensuring that our customers are well attended to. If for any reason you find our services less than satisfactory, please let us know.
Got a question that hasn’t been answered? Give our team a call on 0844 9980 000* or contact us here.