Cadet Academy at TeamSport
Welcome to TeamSport’s junior karting school – Cadet Academy! We have been working hard on creating a complete go kart training program to introduce young drivers to karting. This new structure will group children into levels of ability helping them to learn at their own pace in a fun and safe environment.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS NEW ACADEMY?
The aim of our relaunched Cadet Academy is to give juniors the confidence and racing skills from beginner to advanced techniques. Children taking part in our go kart school will benefit from:
- Dedicated, trained and certified Instructors – Fully trained TeamSport Crew Members who are themselves competent and experienced drivers. These fully trained instructors will get to know your kids, their driving capabilities and the best way to teach them!
- Driver’s Licences – when each driver joins the Cadet Academy they are given a licence to track their progress and development through the skills and stages.
- Safety – It gives those new to karting a safe and controlled way to grow in and improve their skills before taking on those more experienced than them – making it safer for everyone!
- Confidence – By learning racing skills tailored to their ability and in a supporting environment every driver will grow in confidence both on and off the track.
- Enjoyment – We believe that increasing young children’s knowledge of karting rapidly improves their understanding and therefore their enjoyment!
- #GRID Style Member Events for Cadet and Junior karters – Advanced level drivers will be able to continue to grow their skill level as well as compete in # GRID Member style formats (normally only available to our members over the age of 16)
- Universal Training Program – Cadet or Junior karters will be able to move between any TeamSport track at any point in their training program and continue training at their current level.
WHO CAN RACE?
>> Cadet Drivers: 8 - 12 year old's << >> Junior Drivers: 13 - 16 year old's <<
Children need to be aged 8 years and upwards and have an inside leg measurement of at least 25 inches to be able to control one of our Cadet Karts safely. Children above the age of 13 years old with an inside leg measurement of at least 29 inches will use our Adult Karts (measurements to be taken from crotch to heel of shoe).
WHAT’S THE FORMAT?
Our go karting lessons for juniors are broken down into modules. From beginner through to advanced level and are structured to teach driving skills and control of the kart from its basic form, through to advanced racing techniques. Everything needed to gain the knowledge and confidence to be a karter on their way to the top!
Once they have completed formal training in the Academy they can go on to compete in #GRID style events for trophies (normally only available to our members over the age of 16) or simply carry on with sessions that will develop their advanced driving skills further – as we all know, learning never stops!
Everyone starts at Beginner level regardless – but don’t worry, if your mini you’s are already seasoned karters they should breeze through these sessions in no time!
Licence Classifications (Ability Levels)
Beginner [Non-Members & Members]: For drivers with little or no experience ~ all Cadets and Juniors start their journey to the top with TeamSport here.
Intermediate [Members Only]: For drivers who have shown that they are comfortable with the basics of kart control (passed their Beginner Classification).
Advanced [Members Only]: For drivers that are ready to take the next step in racing karts.
HOW LONG IS EACH SESSION?
Each Academy session lasts approximately two hours from arrival to finish (depending on class size).
Our go karting lessons include 20 – 30 minutes worth of track time* with on track and trackside assistance throughout as well as off track guidance and discussions.
* track times depend on the lessons and skills being taught as some skills and sessions will include more off track discussions of driving theories and track walks etc.
Every track however offers a free to use spectator viewing area so you can watch all the action as well as our Fuel Bar where you can purchase refreshments.
WHEN ARE THESE SESSIONS AVAILABLE?
Cadet Academy's are available every other Sunday at all of our track locations.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Price per Session starts from £38pp (or £34.20 with GET10 when booked online) for non-members, additional Membership discount will be automatically applied at the time of booking for Members depending on your Membership tier!
You can also save in advance using our voucher bundles with the ability to purchase either 4 or 6 sessions at one time as below:
Save with our Cadet Academy Combo Vouchers Deals!
4 x Session Combo Voucher Deal @ £105
6 x Session Combo Voucher Deal @ £150
For more details on our annual #GRID Memberships click here.
DO I NEED TO BOOK?
Yes. Class sizes are limited so pre-booking is essential to guarantee your Cadet / Junior racer a place in the starting line-up. Book now by giving us a call to avoid disappointment, just make sure before you do that you know your child’s level or ability and whether they are in a Cadet (8 - 12 years) or Junior kart (13 - 16 years).
HOW DO I BOOK?
All Beginner sessions can be booked online, simply enter your track and date, click 'Search' then select "Beginner - Cadet Academy" from the search results before following the rest of the booking process.