TeamSport On Track To Reopen In July
Sunday 10th May saw our Prime Minister address the country and outlined the phased approach that the UK will be taking out of lock down.
He explained that there were to be three phases, the last of which would see pubs, restaurants, hotels and leisure centres re-open. He indicated that if all went well with the former two phases, the earliest that businesses such as ours could re-open, would be the 4th July.
The TeamSport team are busy making plans and preparations to ensure that we are ready to safely welcome customers back to our 35 nationwide tracks from this date.
Here are just some of the things we are going to have in place;
- Online pre-registration will now be mandatory & all our tracks will be cashless.
- All racewear required for your karting experience will either be brand new or have been fully sanitised in a top-of-the-range specialist sanitiser unit. This includes helmets that will be allocated to each individual customer for their exclusive use during their entire visit.
- Capacity at all of our tracks will be reduced
- Social distancing of 2 meters will be observed throughout our venues
- We have multiple anti-bacterial hand sanitiser stations at every track, dispensing alcohol based hand gel, confirmed as effective against Covid 19.
- We are encouraging our crew to make use of the PPE we are providing
More comprehensive details of all the measures we will be implementing will be shared in the coming weeks.
We also just want to clarify that once you are sat in the kart, with the engine running, the experience will be as exciting and thrilling as it always has been, it’s the one element we’ve not had to make any changes to. Our customers have always been socially distanced from one another, wearing the head-to-toe protective clothing and equipment. Its just the fastest lap times that you’ll need to worry about achieving.
TeamSport has always placed the safety of customers as the number one priority and we are confident that on reopening all our planning, changing of processes and precautionary measures will mean that TeamSport will continue delivering uniquely, exciting experiences, safely.