Coronavirus - COVID-19
TeamSport COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
Last updated: 14:00 07/06/2020
Scotkart On Track To Reopen In July
Last updated: 14:00 20/05/2020
Sunday 10th May saw our Prime Minister address the country and outlined the phased approach that the UK will be taking out of lock down.
He explained that there were to be three phases, the last of which would see pubs, restaurants, hotels and leisure centres re-open. He indicated that if all went well with the former two phases, the earliest that businesses such as ours could re-open, would be the 4th July.
The Scotkart team are busy making plans and preparations to ensure that we are ready to safely welcome customers back to our 35 nationwide tracks from this date.
Here are just some of the things we are going to have in place;
- Online pre-registration will now be mandatory & all our tracks will be cashless.
- All racewear required for your karting experience will either be brand new or have been fully sanitised in a top-of-the-range specialist sanitiser unit. This includes helmets that will be allocated to each individual customer for their exclusive use during their entire visit.
- Capacity at all of our tracks will be reduced
- Social distancing of 2 meters will be observed throughout our venues
- We have multiple anti-bacterial hand sanitiser stations at every track, dispensing alcohol based hand gel, confirmed as effective against Covid 19.
- We are encouraging our crew to make use of the PPE we are providing
More comprehensive details of all the measures we will be implementing will be shared in the coming weeks.
We also just want to clarify that once you are sat in the kart, with the engine running, the experience will be as exciting and thrilling as it always has been, it’s the one element we’ve not had to make any changes to. Our customers have always been socially distanced from one another, wearing the head-to-toe protective clothing and equipment. Its just the fastest lap times that you’ll need to worry about achieving.
Scotkart has always placed the safety of customers as the number one priority and we are confident that on reopening all our planning, changing of processes and precautionary measures will mean that Scotkart will continue delivering uniquely, exciting experiences, safely.
Scotkart Tracks & Call Centres Temporarily Closed
Last updated: 17:30 24/03/2020
Further to the government announcement on Friday 20th March we decided to temporarily close our 35 Nationwide tracks and regional call centres, in order to contribute to the National effort of trying to reduce the impact of the Coronavirus.
If you have an existing booking with us, our team will be in contact with you as soon as we can. Any vouchers due to expire during the closed period will be automatically extended free of charge to redeem when we reopen.
If you would like to get in contact with us, please use the following email address and thank you in advance for your understanding and patience if we are a bit slower than normal to get back to you.
Since the Coronavirus situation was first publicized, we have reacted quickly to the constant changes in circumstances and followed the two guiding principles of;
- Ensuring the health and safety of our customers
- Ensuring the health, safety and job security for our crew members
We are doing everything we can to keep each and every crew member in a job throughout this challenging time, its just what we do here at TeamSport. We put ‘our customers on pole’ and we are ‘one crew’.
Its that ‘one crew’ mentality that we believe, makes the difference; to our customers, to our colleagues and to our communities and never more so, than now!
Its with our communities in mind that our teams took the initiative of taking food from our temporarily closed tracks, to food banks as a donation, the same food banks that many of our crew members are now volunteering at, up and down the country, during their hiatus from their TeamSport duties.
Track And Phone Lines Now Closed
Last updated: 10:00 23/03/2020
Further to the government announcement on Friday 20th March and the concurrent closure of all of our tracks, today 23/03/2020 we have also closed our phone lines.
If you have questions or concerns please contact us via email on;
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this very challenging time.
Last updated: 22:00 20/03/2020
The safety of our crew and customers has always been our priority, and following the Government’s announcement earlier this evening (20th March 2020) we have decided to close all tracks tonight.
If you have a booking with us over the coming weeks, please be assured that our team will be in touch as soon as we can, and we appreciate your patience.
We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of our customers and crew members for their ongoing support and positivity during this very challenging period for everyone.
We will post further updates here regarding when we will reopen as soon as we have news.
You’re In Clean, Safe Hands At TeamSport
Last updated: 11:00 16/03/2020
Go karting, unlike some leisure activities, requires participants to wear several pieces of mandatory, protective kit. Balaclavas, helmets, race-suits and gloves, all help to limit contact between people. Further, the number of customers racing with us at any one time is limited by the number of karts we put on the track. This reduces the number of people in the building at any one time.
These facts, combined with the significant actions we have taken to ensure we provide a clean, safe and hygienic environment, means we believe it is safe for customers to race with us.
The following are just some examples of what we are doing:
- Balaclava’s & gloves are compulsory for all drivers. Customers may bring their own or purchase them from us on the day.
- Every customer will now be allocated a helmet for their exclusive use during their entire visit to TeamSport. Our crew members will ensure that every helmet and visor is sprayed with anti-bacterial helmet sanitiser, confirmed as effective against Covid 19 after every use.
- Our crew members have been regularly briefed on the importance of maintaining good hygiene standards, frequently washing their hands and using hand sanitizer.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning throughout the day, using antibacterial cleaning products that are effective against Covid 19. Specific areas of focus are; hard surfaces, hand rails, door handles, toilets and karting equipment.
- We have multiple anti-bacterial hand sanitiser stations at every venue, dispensing alcohol based hand gel, confirmed as effective against Covid 19.
What can you do to help when visiting a TeamSport track?
- We strongly urge all customers visiting our venues to practice good hygiene and use the hand sanitizers made available as soon as they enter the venue.
- Frequent washing of hands with soap, for a duration of 20 seconds or longer, during your time at the venue.
- Catch your cough or sneeze in a tissue and bin it, then wash your hands with soap.
We hope that this information will reassure our customers that you can visit TeamSport as planned and enjoy your experience with peace of mind.