Jobs at our Reading Karting Track
For customer service champions in search of a little variety, our TeamSport Reading circuit has is all. 2 twisting courses played out over 3 levels or 1 combined track to create 1 mammoth 900m course and all this with the bar right in the middle of the action. Up for a challenge and interested in joining this awesome team? We look for talented, customer focused individuals, with great communication skills and a team attitude. In return we offer training, benefits, uncapped bonuses and the very real possibility of progression.
To get in contact with one of the recruitment team please call 01252 960499.
To apply please send your covering letter and CV to [email protected]
Work Experience - we are sorry but we are unable to offer this.
Due to the Health and Safety implications of working at one of our tracks we are unable to offer work experience opportunities at TeamSport.
Customer Sales Service Assistant - Host/ Marshal
£5.25 to £8.91 + performance bonus
We are recruiting for a customer-facing, split role position which we refer to as a Host/Marshal.
The split role is highly critical to us as you're the friendly face of our brand, the person our drivers will look to for support.
As a Host, you will be responsible for
- greeting and registering drivers
- conducting group briefings
- commentating on races and waving the flag
- giving tips on how to race faster and better
- re-fuelling our customers with food and drink from the snack bar
- Meeting team sales targets
- upsell our merchandise/ offers/events/ memberships
- being on hand to make sure their events are hassle-free
- contribute to maintaining and exceeding sales and mystery visit targets
On a different day, you may be a Marshal, which involves
- checking the karts comply to our strict health and safety guidelines at the beginning of a shift
- test driving karts for our mechanics
- helping customers into karts and with their race suits and helmets
- checking the grid before the start of a race
- being on hand to ‘marshal’ the events
- waving the flags to keep our customers safe
- helping those that spin off back into the action
Shifts are available from Monday to Sunday including weekends and evenings on a 12 hour per week contract. Flexibility is vital for this role.
So..if you enjoy working in a busy, fast paced job, where no 2 days are the same, then this is the job for you.
- have a great passion for the sport
- friendly and approachable
- able to adapt quickly to changing situations
- putting customers first
- flexible with hours
- positive can do attitude to overcoming challenges
- great communications skills
- the ability to remain calm and level headed in all situations
- must have at least 6 months experience in a customer-focused and sales environment i.e. Leisure and/or Hospitality industry
Posted: 28th September 2021
In addition to our current vacancies, we are always looking for high quality individuals. Please send your CV to [email protected]