TERMS AND CONDITIONS - The legal stuff
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to participating in the Design-My-Kart competition (the "Contest"). By participating in the Contest each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation Period: The Contest is open for participation until 23:59 GMT, 4th September 2017.
- The winner will be notified directly via e-mail or their social media profile before 5pm, 8th September 2017.
- The Prize: There are four prizes available to be won. The top Prize to be won by one individual is: a Scalextrics toy set and family go karting experience for four voucher. Three runner up prizes to be won are: a go karting experience for two voucher. Prizes must be claimed by 22nd September 2017 and will be delivered via post upon confirmation of a valid postal address. All prizes are non-negotiable, non-refundable and there is no alternative reward.
- Contest organizer: The Contest is organized by TeamSport Indoor Karting, having its principle place of business at C1 Endeavour Place, Coxbridge Business Park, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 5EH, United Kingdom (“TeamSport”).
- Eligibility for Participation: A participant must at the time of entry into the Contest be a (i) resident of United Kingdom and (ii) be over 8 years of age, however if under 16 years, an adult over 18 will be required to submit the entry on their behalf. A participant can only enter the contest once. TeamSport employees or anyone connected to the contest are not permitted to enter the Contest. TeamSport assumes that the participant is in fact the same person, as making the entry unless stated otherwise. To participate in any karting experience prizes, all participants must be at least 8 years of age and have a minimum inside leg measurement of 25” at the time of race session.
- Access to Contest: The participant may enter the Contest by downloading the competition entry template, and submitting their final design via e-mail or social media as advised. Privacy settings must be public in order for your entry to be visible and be entered. Any entries deemed inappropriate or profane will not be accepted. No purchase necessary.
- How to win: TeamSport will select the top prize winner based on the most creative and imaginative design out of all the participants, which participated during the participating period. TeamSport will randomly draw the runner up winners between all the participants, which participated during the participation period on each network.
- Personal Data: Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent.
- By entering the competition, you agree to allow TeamSport to publish the entry design across their marketing channels.
- Cost and taxes: The participant is responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by him/her as a result of participating in or winning the Contest including travel expenses. All taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner, who shall be responsible for completing any applicable forms required by a taxing authority. The participant hereby agrees and accepts that by winning the Contest the participant may incur taxes and other levies including but not limited to any prize tax or income tax etc. The participant hereby unconditionally accepts to bear any such tax or other levy.
- Liability: TeamSport and the participant are liable for any claims subject to the Contest under the English law, subject to the qualifications below.
- TeamSport is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, caused by e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of TeamSport which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, TeamSport reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or select a winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. TeamSport reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
- TeamSport reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person or contestant.
- TeamSport is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. TeamSport assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. TeamSport is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. TeamSport is not responsible for any injury or damage to any participant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating in connection with this contest.
- Governing law: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Contest.